Maybe you’ve considered it, maybe you never have. Hiring a virtual personal assistant isn’t exactly something you hear about every day, and it’s probably not something many of your friends and co-workers are doing. Hiring an assistant requires some work and it costs some money. This type of commitment can be daunting to anyone. Not only that, but hiring an assistant requires a shift in mindset: one has to change from a solo operator, an individual agent, to a boss, a manager. This is not something everyone is comfortable with. However, the advantages of hiring a personal assistant are overwhelming. Here are the top five reasons to hire a virtual assistant.
1. Hiring an assistant will free up your time. When you have an assistant, you will notice yourself starting to ask this question: “Could my assistant do this?” And you’ll be surprised to find out that for very much of the work you do day to day, the answer is “Yes!” So you’ll show your assistant how to do the task, and your assistant will do it. From that point on, when the task needs to be done, all you have to do is email or call your assistant and pass on the instructions. After a month of this you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.
2. Hiring an assistant will allow you to get more work done. With more man-hours to work with, it only makes sense, right? Not only will you get to all those tasks that have been sitting on your to-do list for months, but you’ll start to notice a subaltern set of tasks that have lived at the periphery of your work environment. These are things that you’ve known you could do to help your business, if you had all the time in the world, but which you know will never make it to the top of your priorities, and so will never be done. Now, with the help of your assistant, they can all get done.
3. Hiring an assistant will allow you to focus on what you want to do. If you’re a small business owner or freelancer, you’re the strategic dynamo that keeps the business alive. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could shed some of the day to day work that ties up your time, so that you could focus more of your energy on the higher-level tasks that are fun and that make you money?
4. Hiring an assistant will allow you to make more money. When you’re producing more work output, and you’re spending more time on your most effective tasks, you’re going to have a bigger, more effective business. A full time assistant salary in the Philippines typically costs $4-600 per month. Do you think you can increase business more than $600 per month with an intelligent, dedicated human being working full-time for you?
5. Hiring an assistant will train you to be a manager. There’s a limit to how much work you personally can perform, but there’s no limit to how much you can delegate. Hiring a virtual personal assistant can be the first step in scaling your business up and teaching you how to manage production, rather than simply producing by yourself. Once you have an assistant working for you, you can focus on transforming your business into an ultimate sales machine.
An important rule in time management is this: do the most impactful thing first. If you’re hammering all the nails, you’re not planning for strategy and growth. Odds are, in the long view, hiring an assistant to work for your business is the most impactful thing you could do right now.